Monday, May 17, 2010

{Now OuR HouSE is CleaN aT LeaST}

Hey fam!
This week has been good...things are improving. Yesterday we had a crazy rain storm...probably the biggest one i´ve seen here in Panama so far. We didn´t have church because of the census and the we went out to work at eleven. It started raining at about two and there were about five or six houses that were flooded in our neighborhood. So we went over to help clean up (bathroom water...mmm). And then went back to our house to get changed. We opened the door to a really nice surprise...our house was loaded with water too! Haha...still not sure how it happened...seeing as how our apartment is on the second floor and all the walls and everything were dry. So we then spent the night cleaning up our house. It was fun! Now our house it clean at least...
I had a cool experience on a bus this week. I contacted this kid named Antonio on the way to Chitré...he´s about 22 years old. After talking to him for a while we had to get off. I felt like i needed to give him a Book of Mormon (which i´ve never done before in a contact...we don´t have enough to give out like that) but I gave him a pamphlet instead. I kind of regreted it after getting off the bus. And then we spent P Day in Chitré playing soccer. Afterwards we got on the bus to head back to Santiago. And what do you know...Antonio hops on the bus right as we´re about to leave. He came and sat by me and I was really relieved to be able to give him the Book of Mormon. He lives really far away...but you never know. Usually God doesn´t give us two chances to talk to people...but I think Antonio really needed it. It really strengthened my testimony that God is really guiding the work around the whole world. It was a neat experience.
Thinking about what dad said about mercy and justice makes me think of Alma talking to his son corianton about sin. And how if there were no punishment for sin we would all be hardcore ´pecadores´...sinners for all y´all who are still learning spanish. I´m glad we have commandments. The world would be crazy if we didn´t have a path to follow.
i love you all!
Elder Tanner

Hey ma!
I hope everything is going well in the Utah...Santiago is good. The people are great and we´ve got some very positive investigators. And things are getting there with my companion. It sounds like the family is doing well. And normal news for me can at times be good news. Libby looks so big already! It´s crazy to see photos of her...haha. Oh and ps I got that package that you sent me when we went to immigrations! Thanks a ton! I´m going to destroy those muffins. And I love the photo frame it´s really cool.
I love you mom...thanks for your prayers. I know that the hard times we go through are worth it and they don´t last long at all when we compare them with the blessings that God has waiting for us.
To my buddies Nate and Will...
I can´t believe you´re graduating! I feel like I graduated yesterday...the time goes so fast.
I´m really happy for both of you. I feel lucky to have the family that we´ve got. There are a lot of families that aren´t blessed like we are. Stay strong in the gospel. It really is everything. There are plenty of times when we don´t recognize it...but the gospel really is everything. It´s the only way to be happy in this life.
Felizidades primos!!
Mom...have a killer time in Arizona...don´t go to crazy with your friends haha. Te amo mucho!
Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment