Tuesday, September 21, 2010

{ThaT Doesn`t HaPPen in Panama}

Haha hey!
Right on...answers...
I`m in La Chorrera...Barrio equals ward, Cento equals center. There are six of us in the District...18 in the zone. One of the missionaries is from Australia...haha she`s awesome. Roughly 190 missionaries in Panama...don`t know how many zones...like 12ish.
That`s tough that Steve came home. Tell him hi for me and that I love him. I hope he`s doing alright.
As DL i talk to the missionaries on the phone about three nights a week. The coolest part is that i`ll do the baptismal interviews for the investigators in our district. sweet!
Sounds like life is sweet in Utah and better in Panamà! Tell the Utes to keep winning and the Cougars to KEEP LOSING! Dont worry i`m not watching the games grammy told me haha.
The guy that was suicidal...Carlos Alemàn, is now preparing for baptism! Sweet! And there`s an elder that just got into our zone, he came from El Empalme, my first area. He told me Erick Sera is getting ready for a mission!!! He`s one of our converts there. And he told me that Ceferino went to the temple! Awesome! And the brother of Emiliano, another convert, is going to get baptized! WORD! Things are still going well in El Empalme looks like haha.
This week has been sweet! My comps doing alright...yes he gets mail mom haha. He doesn`t like studying but he`s a good guy. I`m learning patience and we enjoy working together. I finally feel like i`m learning patience. Tough comps are always blessings.
Sweet experience yesterday. First off, last week we were on our way home and i saw a guy sitting outside...i almost didn`t talk to him. We walked by him and then about five seconds later i told my comp we HAD to go back to talk to him. So we went back and introduced ourselves...he was pretty positive and told us to stop by one sunday. So we went yesterday and the whole fam was there! There were like five or six men there and they were ALL listening...that doesn`t happen in Panama. And then it started raining. I started to say the words of the first vision and i swear it started raining harder. Finally....at the very end...the rain calmed...and i said `Èste es mi hijo amado. ¡Escùchalo!`...this is my beloved son...hear him!. How sweet! We`re going back on thursday...really a powerful experience!
Also another guy named Josè Cambronero. Last sunday it was super hot and my comp kept saying `i want to go home, etc ` haha but he was kind of joking. Anyway i told him we were going to find someone...we got kicked out of someone`s house by a gnarley lady and finally, FINALLY, we found this guy. He was outside playing ball with his kid alan. It was the last house. And we taught him, left him a Bof M. And went back yesterday.
Yesterday he showed us that he had basically finished 1 Nephi! Wow! We took a member with us and he testified super powerfully. It was such a sweet lesson!
Fam. Alonzo...ya no. Satan stuck his foot in on that fam and now theyre going with Jehova`s Witnesses. The guy really just likes when we go over there but they don`t want to come to church or talk about baptism....man i was sad after that lesson.
Send my love to everyone and tell grammy thanks for the worldly news! haha and thanks for the letter to my companion!
Love you all!
Elder Henrie

Mom!
I love you!
tell Greg that i love him and it`s worth it! I was thinking this morning about all the miracles i`ve seen on my mission and i wouldn`t trade it for anything! We`re really helping people and it`s incredible. Say hi to Lib!

1 comment:

  1. I just love this letter! Our son has been home 2 months already, and he just misses the sweet spirit that coincides with missionary work sooo much! Also, I have to give a plug to the Utes! It's nice to find another red amongst all the blue in the LDS world! Your son sounds just amazing and we are so happy for him and your family!

    ReplyDelete