Wednesday, December 8, 2010

{ObeDiEnCe iS HaPPiNeSs}

Hey dad!
It was a great week. I wish i could have heard Bishop Brewster`s testimony. I hope him and Brother Gasik are doing alright. And hows ryan brewster in the field? Have you heard anything?
I wasn`t able to watch the devotional last night. I payed 1.50 for the taxi to go out to the chapel in Alcalde Diaz and there was no one there so we had to pay 1 50 to come back. 3 bucks! haha it was a bummer. So we got back to our area at about 8 30 and knew there was a reason why we couldn`t watch it. We went to work and found a reference...a really positive family! It was really cool and a testimony builder that every minute has to be used well.
Tell the family that i love them! I`m thinking about you all!
Much love,
Elder Henrie

Mom!
I love you mom! Your emails always get me stoked for the week. Sounds like things have been a little tough on grammy and grandpa this past week. Thats too bad...it`s good to hear that things are going well in your calling with the young women`s..i`m sure it`s a lot of work! I really have found, like you said, that obedience is happiness. I always look at the missionaries that are finishing their missions and heading home...and i ask myself `which of those would i like to be?` the sad part is it`s a slim minority that i really admire for what they`ve done in the mission. They are all great people and good guys, but sometimes there are so many that come and play for two years and they never can see the miracles i gods wrk like that.
I`ve also learned that obedience doesn`t keep us from having temptations. The temptations in the mission are definitely different from those at home...but they are real. And one small thing leads to another.
Ok i need to tell you about one of our investigators. Joshua Chavez...his dad, Tomàs, has had lots of problems and went inactive and we found him one night knocking doors...so he made a promise to go to church and he`s going super strong right now. His son is getting ready for baptism (Joshua) and he always reminds his dad that they need to read the book of mormon! haha he`s awesome and i`m really stoked for his baptism on CHRISTMAS day!
Well mom i love you! As we say down herein panama, ¡Dios te bendiga!
Te amo,
Elder Henrie

grammy!

that scares me that you had a kidney infection! I really don`t like thinking about you suffering with that. I hope and pray that you can be healed and get back into christmas mode soon! I love you a lot and think about you...in a lesson we were in yesterday i told them that the best memories that i have in my whole life are the memories that i have with my family. And i thought about all the great reunions that we would have together. i don`t know if one always realizes the importance of being with your family as much as possible...but those are the memories that you will always cherish. And i feel like that will just carry on in the next life...i remember reading that the celestial kingdom is a continuation of an ideal home. I know that`s true without a doubt.

Love you grammy! Take care of yourself!

Elder Henrie

No comments:

Post a Comment