Tuesday, April 26, 2011

{It"S GoNNa Be CRaZY!}

Wow,
Monday night comes along and we were excited for a sweet family home evening with the family Remice. We got there and sensed something a little tense. We sang and prayed...and all of a sudden it all came falling down. Oderays and José started arguing about tons of things that were going on in their family. I realized why it had taken so long to do their marriage papers. God wanted us to help them with their problems first. Oderays had some problems with José taking one of their neighbors (female) to work in the city...and he was mad about a bunch of other things. It was a very tough moment for me. A very tough lesson. We tried to calm them down and just started talking about simple things...about their family, service, etc. We tried to leave the spirit there and leave them to talk it out. They`ve been together for a long time now and Oderays said they`ve always had these problems. We went back the next day to see how it went and they were still mad. So we committed them to serve each other every day. It was really cool because we were able to just teach them principles that we have learned as missionaries...listening to the whole story without talking first, serving your companion every day, praying together, really simple things. The Gospel really is simple...but like dad said in his email...studying the Gospel and living it is the best way to take care of problems, whatever kind.
So Friday night we visited them with President Ward and had a REALLY spiritual lesson about the Family, a Proclamation to the World. The next day they both went to the city to just walk around the temple and enjoy the spirit that there is there. We`re really excited and feeling like they are moving forward. I have never worried so much about a family in my whole mission. I pray for them constantly..even if i`m just blessing the coco krispies in the morning. They really are incredible and i love them soooo much!
I love you all a lot! I wish I had time to write everything I want to tell you...but one of the things to remember as a teacher is that speaking less is more haha president always says that. The church really is true. I don`t doubt in God`s plan for His children. I love Panama and the Panamanians. I feel like they deserve to have the Gospel. And fear can`t hold us back from sharing it. Honestly I feel like i have needed them more than they have needed me. I realize that I have changed a lot on the mission. I have learned patience, faith, love, humility, wow....so many different things that i needed before the mission. Now it`s all about being constant and trying to put them into pratice.
Mucho LOVE!
Elder Henrrrrry


Mom!
Happy Easter!
I`m really excited for this coming week. we`ve got two marriages, three baptisms, and a zone conference to get ready! It`s gonna be crazy! I don`t even have time to think. Sounds like Marsh man`s gettin buff eh? Tell him that it really doesn`t matter because everyone gets fat on their missions haha no just kidding i`m still stronger than him.
Thanks for everything mom...looks like i need to write a letter to Bishop Brewster now if you`ll do me the favor of sending it to him thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment