Thursday, August 25, 2011

{ThaNK You FoR TeaCHinG Me NoT tO DouBT}

Fam!
This week has been a week of WORK! We went to San Isidro on tuesday (about 15 minutes from the city) to visit that zone and we went on divisions with the zone leaders there. On Friday we did divisions in Alcalde Diaz, area of Las Lajas. I had been there on divisions before when I was a zone leader there...really great area. The branch president there is from Ohio and is a really humble leader. And in our own area we´ve been working a lot to take advantage of the little amount of time that we have. We found some great people, a Chiricano named Cristian who came to church yesterday, a Comlumbian lady named Judy who accepted a baptismal date for the 17 of september, and a young girl named Olinda who contacted us in a building called Chucunaque. President Ward went to our ward yesterday and bore a powerful testimony in the investigator´s class. I hope that his testimony helps the investigators who were there to be baptized. Olinda wants to know about baptism, so we went there with Jotam (he left with us in the afternoon yesterday). He is a NATURAL missionary. He just starts talking with people about the church and answers their questions about what he felt and why he chose to be baptized. It was great to see him bearing his testimony. He will be going to the "denal brigade" here in Panama to get all his dental work done for the mission. The Elders Quorum president told him that it would be good for him to go...and that way, if he decides to go on a mission, he will already have that paperwork. His brother, Wilfredo, is also going to go! I´ll be there to help with translating, so I guess I´ll get to meet Dr. Roundy.
Wow, felicidades to Quinton! That´s great that he´s married! I hope it was a good experience. It´s strange to think of all the changes that happen in two years haha.
Dad, thanks for the letter...it was pretty inspiring. I like thinking about the letters that Paul wrote. He always expresses love and exhorts the members that he had served to keep the commandments. It reminds me of the importance of sending letters to the people I have met. I saw Juan Carlos Estrada the other day...he works in our area. I was SO happy to see him! I had been thinking about him a lot in this past month and had felt the need to write him. So, seeing him just pushed me to doing it. I sent him a letter that will hopefully help him. One time I saw Luis Peralta in Chorrera and he showed me a letter I had written him that he kept in his wallet. I think that little boost helps a lot of people to keep moving. The letters that you all write me definitely do that for me!
This week has been very rewarding! Elder Ortega works HARD...and he pushes a lot to just keep going and not waste time...I really respect him a lot. And he has an incredible capacity of remembering scriptures and using them to help people find answers to their questions. I´m glad to have such a good comp in my last area. And Elder Laidler is still in our house which makes things really fun. Being companions with someone just makes you good friends because you go through a lot on the mission.
I love you all! The church is true! I´m heading towards the end of the Book of Mormon again and it´s been teaching me a ton!
Elder Henrie


Mom!
Yesterday we visited a lady named Monika...she´s a recent convert and her husband was there as well. I think her husband hates us haha he´s jewish and doesn´t really understand our religion yet. But Monika was having a tough time and was worried about what is going to happen with her kids in the future. I shared with her about how you and I would always talk in the mornings before I left for work. I talked about your testimony and the impact that it´s had on me. Then we shared some scriptures about how the mothers of the stripling warriors had taught them not to doubt. Thank you for teaching me not to doubt...I love you!
Your son

No comments:

Post a Comment