Monday, September 19, 2011

{ThE PlAN oF SaLVaTioN}

Fam!

We´ve finished week six of the change, meaning this week starts a new change. I´m excited for this change...general conference, we have some possible good baptisms, and Elder Ortega and I will be comps for six more weeks. This past week four missionaries were sent home. We went to the airport to take two of them, and one of the missionaries there, that i´ve known since my second area, came up to me and just started sobbing. He felt terrible and uncertain about everything that was going to happen. I read this morning something that Joseph Smith said about hell, that the suffering of the wicked is knowing that they won´t obtain the glory that they could have otherwise enjoyed. I think that is what happens sometimes to missionaries. Sometimes they lose sight of their potential and don´t obtain the blessings that God wants them to have.

But the mission looks really good now and we´re ready for changes. The missionaries really are working hard and we are seeing lots of success in the mission. I love it here! The panamanians are awesome. We had a talent show in our ward last week and the members did some really funny acts. One of the members, from Mexico, worked in the circus several years ago, so he had some really funny talents. He had a "knife throwing" act that had everyone laughing. It was a really good night.

Yesterday morning we went to look for investigators for church, but unfortunately there was no water in the city so none of our investigators could shower and they really didn´t want to go to church like that. But I did! :) It was a good day in church...Elder Laidler´s last day. It´s crazy that he´s going home already. He´s been a good missionary here.

Well family I love you a lot! GO UTES!

Elder Henrie

Hey mom,

Sounds like there´s been some tough situations. I´m really excited for Jeremy! Korea! That´s going to be a very interesting mission. I feel like this time the changes in the mission have been much easier...maybe it´s just because i´m getting used to the organization of everything. President told me that this is what happens every time, by the time the elders in the office get the hang of things, he has to kick them out and bring new ones in haha. But I guess that´s how life is.

I´ve been really interested this week in studying the plan of salvation. I´m not sure what but I´ve come up with lots of questions in my studies. I feel like having questions is always good to learn. And I really do keep learning. The problem can be that sometimes we don´t have much time to study but I fit it in wherever I can. I really don´t doubt. I have no doubts about the plan of salvation. Every day I understand it better. Before the mission I always thought of it as God´s way of comforting us and giving us hope for the next life. But it´s really a lot more than that. In God´s plan we learn who we really are and who we have to become. And He shows us how to do it.

I´m grateful for the Gospel. I hope that more people here can accept it. Kenny is doing really well. He has to be my all time favorite investigator. He has so many good questions and really wants to do what God wants.

I love you mom!

Elder Henrie

No comments:

Post a Comment