Friday, December 25, 2009

{ChRiStMaS DaY}

Hey Family! It is Christmas Day... finally! This morning was so awesome. We have the biggest pile of food I've ever seen in our room right now... I'll send pictures. And Papa Noel stopped by as well-- I'll send you pictures of that, too. We had a great time going around and opening presents and having a crazy fiesta this morning. I love the camera and the printer so muchas gracias! Our district is excited to be able to print pictures.
Last night we had a really great Christmas devotional. I got to sing "Still, Still, Still" & "O Come All Ye Faithful" with that missionary choir with 32 elders it was fun. And some of the Hermanas sang, "O, Holy Night"... it was the most incredible thing I've ever heard. And there were a few conversion stories shared. And at the end they talked about the gift of Christ. It was a very powerful devotional.
Right now I'm sitting in the Christmas morning devotional! A couple days ago Elder Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve came to talk to us and I think we'll see another apostle today. Whoever comes it's going to be so amazing!
This is the first time I really thought about what Christmas is all about. Being in the MTC we're constantly thinking about Christ, teaching about Christ, and trying to be more like Him. Last night we were going to teach the nuevos a lesson... but we dicided to all sing "Noche de Luz" (Silent Night) together. And then we told them not to worry about their families and to think about Christ... not themselves during this time. It was a good experience.
Elder L. Tom Perry just finished talking to us about a lot of different testimonies of Christ and his birth in the scriptures. He and his family ate lunch with us afterward. I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but it was still really neat. We are going to watch a talent show this afternoon and I can't wait for that.
Well family, I hope your Christmas is great... and Happy New Year! I love you all so much!! FELIZ NAVIDAD!
Much Love,
Elder Tanner
PS We get to Georgia at 12:18 pm... our flight from SLC is at 7:00 AM I think (12/29) --So I'll call you around 3:00 PM UT time. If it's different I'll try and let you know. And if this letter gets to you after the 29th-- I'll figure it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment