Tuesday, December 22, 2009

{FuN HerE aT ThE MtC}

*Tanner wrote each of us a letter for Christmas. We each LOVED getting our own letters! Here's what he said:

Dear Padre,
Hey dad! Thank you so much for all of the talks. I really did enjoy the talk you gave in church. It made me think about all the different blessings I take for granted in my life. One of the biggest ones right now is the opportunity to serve a mission.
I really do love it here. I'll miss the MTC but I'm excited to get out and talk to people. I'm sitting next to some elders right now from Mexico. It's so fun to listen to even though it's tough to understand. Oh, I forgot to tell you... one of the counselors in the branch presidency was a mission president in Taiwan, I'm pretty sure somewhere around 79-82. His name is Brother Baker & he's incredible.
Well... I hope you have an incredible Christmas this year. Our district is going to have a great time! I love you! iy estay ilusionade por Panama!
Con Amour,
Elder Tanman


Dear Madre,
Wow this is exciting! I can't believe my time is almost up here at the MTC. It flew by! And this Christmas weed has been absolutely incredible. This week is our "teaching week" at the MTC--- which means we don't have nearly as much class time. We have a lot of time to set up appointments and teach lessons. It's amazing! Not to mention we get to sing in the Christmas
Eve devotional in a choir of 32 elders. Four elders in our zone are doing it... I'm excited!
I just wanted to share with you how grateful I am for the encouragement and help you've given me while I've been here. The phrase "Keep the Faith" has stuck with me ever since you sent it to me a few weeks ago. That's something one of the counselors int the brach presidency really emphasizes a lot--- except he always says "stay the course".
I love you mom. Thank you for teaching me the gospel as I grew up. I know that there are some Elders/ Hermanas here who don't have supportive families & I'm grateful that I do.
Don't ever worry about me here... life is great! Some days can be tough, but that just makes the good days better.
Merry Christmas!
Con mucho amour,
Elder Tanner


J-Dub-DEEZY,
?Como esta hermano? I just sent a sweet email... but I only had 3 seconds left so the end might not make sense. I wanted to tell you that I know you're gonna be jealous because of all the seafood I'll be chowin' down on in Panama next week! Mmmm.
I'm Kind of worried that I'm going to mix up the words for "fish" & "sin" though. Fish is "pescado", sin is "pecado". I just know I'm gonna say "Me gusta los pecados ". I like sins. Ha!
Anyway, just wanted to wish you FELIZ NAVIDAD!, Eh?
I'm having a sweet time in the MTC. It's way fun here... especially when you're really busy. I'm hoping we have some good speakers. Me and some of the other elders are going to sing for the Christmas Eve devotional on Thursday it should be sweet!
How's everything going? How's the new place/life/school, etc.?
I love you a lot! Merry Christmas!
Con amor,
Elder Tanner

Jess! Hola!
So I'm kinda jealous that I still haven't heard you sing. I think I remember my mom saying they watched you sing in church recently... that's awesome. How's everything going with the new life?
We've had a lot of lessons this Christmas time about charity. It really gets me thinking about things I can change about myself. I really liked the Christmas devotional message this year from President Monson. So many teachers in the MTC have been focusing on this subject.
It makes me really excited to serve the people of Panama! I've been absolutely loving the Spanish language... it's always fun to talk to Native Spanish speakers -- but they talk soooo... fast! Anyway, just wanted to wish you a merry Christmas. I hope you remember what Christmas is about this year. Being at the MTC makes me think about it with a totally new perspective.
Sorry this is so short, but you know that time is like on the mission. Feliz Navidad!
Con Amor,
Elder Tanner


MARSHMAN!
Hola Hermano! Qur bay de nuevo? What's new? I think that literally translates to: "What there is of new?" I heard about your game with those Butler chumps. Don't worry about...after you grow just a couple more inches you'll be able to slam it over there (sp) heads!
So I hope you're as excited for Christmas as Libby is. I can't wait for Christmas! Hopefully one of the apo'stoles will come to talk to us. We had two come Thanksgiving week... it was nuts!
Cool experience this past week- we taught a lesson to a volunteer named Daniella last week and it was so powerful... not because we're good teachers but because the Spirit was so strong. I'm so excited to teach the people in Panama about God's plan for them.
Enjoy the spirit of Christmas and have charity for everyone. I love you a lot bro. Work hard in school... listen to mom. And enjoy life!
Con Amor,
Elder Tanner

LIBSTER!
How ya' doin' sis? I hope you are having an amazing Christmas! I can't tell you how excited I am to open those sweet presents that you sent me! They're sitting under the tree right now.
I hope you enjoy the stickers I sent. Make sure you share them with everyone! The ones that say"Soy una hiija da Dios" mean "I am a daughter of God".
I'm sure Santa has brought you some really great gifts this year. Just so you know... I still tell every missionary about you all the time. They love hearing about you, and all the crazy stuff we do. I've been having so much fun here at the MTC! It's not quite the same without you every day but I love it here.
Well Libs... I just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad! I love you so much!
Con Amor,
Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment