Friday, March 5, 2010

{A LeTTer to TannER frOM GraMMy}

Dear Elder Tanner,

I love reading your letters posted on your blog as you sound so happy. Bob and I can tell you are working hard (as we always expected you would) and we are sure that helps to keep you happy. We pray for your safety, success and happiness. Though I miss you, I know you are in the right place. I loved seeing the picture of your new mission president in the Church News. He is from Huntington Beach. Your mom has sent you their picture, I think.

This is some of the family news:

· Ruthanne turned 50 last week. We had a wonderful time dinner here with your mom and dad and your uncles and aunts. Each one of her siblings gave a tribute to her, organized by your mom. It was a sweet evening.

· Jackson’s have had a trip (two weeks ago) to Hawaii. I tended their dog, Millie. That was an unforgettable experience (tending the dog, I mean).

· Matt continues to prepare for his mission. His Sacrament Service talk is on March 21st. He doesn’t have his Brazilian Visa yet. Bob’s grandson Nate has arrived this week in Brazil to begin his mission.

· Lyssa and Rees await the arrival of a new dog---a medium sized Golden Doodle.

· Kent and Heather, Lyssa and Rees are preparing for another big bike ride through Southern Utah Mountains in May. They will be riding 3 days. I am hoping to go one day with them. If I can get myself ready I will ride from Fishlake down into Loa---about 30 miles. Bob will drive the car behind me for “insurance”.

· Bob and I went to a program of music last week in Provo. There was a Cory Christiansen on guitar. He is apparently quite well known among guitar circles and I wondered if he is someone you know of. He was very good.

· Marshall continues to tear up the basketball floor. I have seen several of his games and he is tenacious.

· Libby is really doing well on her violin. Erin told me yesterday that Libby will play with other students in a concert in the Conference Center. That is pretty impressive.

· Will remembers you often and speaks of his friendship with you. You are a great example to him and to all the other cousins.

· J.W. and Jessi continue to do good things. Jessi will sing at my ward Sacrament Service in March . I am eagerly looking forward to it.

Other news:

  • BYU is tied with New Mexico for the lead in the Mountain West basketball conference. Utah (sadly) is about 5th.

  • The Utah Jazz are in a winning streak.

  • United States took a record number of medals (37) in the winter Olympics, which just ended in Vancouver British Columbia yesterday.

  • Our weather is starting to warm, but still brisk. Spring is a few weeks away, I think. I am going to try to fit a ski day in before the snow melts.

I love you, dearly. I know that what you are doing is The Lord’s plan for you; I know the Gospel is true and that we are lead by a Prophet,

Stay cool. Be happy. Brush your teeth (advice given in honor of Grandpa Hansen) and say your prayers.

Deepest Love, Grammy

No comments:

Post a Comment