Monday, April 5, 2010

{I LoveD CoNfErenCe!}

Hey fam!

Wow...Elder Holland delivered once again eh? Third time in a row. I loved conference! we actually stayed in Bocas to watch it because the new chapel that they are building their managed to get it through satelite. It was sweet! They focused so much on the family. I was amazed when at the very end Elder Andersen said that nobody receives assigned topics. Talk about revelation.

I loved hearing the prophets voice again! It was so nice to listen to them give their messages...and it was amazing listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir again (you know youre a missionary when youre excited for mo-tab). I thought Elder Packers talk about blessings was probably my favorite...after Elder Holland.

Marsh did you hear the prophet talk about dating? Its good advice...stick to it. And get ready to go on a mission because you will be on your way to the MTC pronto. I thought about all of you during this conference. I feel blessed to have the family that I have. I was so glad when Elder Holland was talking about what happened to those three ladies that he met in the airport that our family is not like that.

Ok so this week...we set a baptismal date with a kid named Ceferino. Hes 20 years old and really solid. But we can see that Satan does NOT want people to make this covenant with God. Immediately after he accepted to be baptized...his mom started joking about how we dont eat meat or drink coffee. Ay ay ay. But hes doing great.

We also set a date with an Hermana named Seferina (no relation to Ceferino) and her four kids. We are really hoping that she can progress. Shes having some difficulties with these two men that want to move into her house but we taught her the law of chastity and we are praying that all goes well.

This change is still going quick. There is never enough time. Its really hard work too. That makes it go even faster. I dont know how we already are in April!

Well family...the church is true. Really. Its true. Thomas S. Monson is Gods chosen prophet on the earth today. I have no doubt that we are going to be together forever. Everything that we go through in this life makes us stronger. The strength I have received from making it through the loss of a brother has helped me a lot...but we havent lost him have we? Hes waiting for us on the other side. Mom did you love that story about how that kid opened his mission call a week before his brother died. -called to serve on both sides of the veil- i thought it was great. I know God lives. Jesus Christ is our Savior. Joseph Smith saw Him and the Father in the sacred grove. The Book of Mormon is true. And its awesome. I love you all more than youll ever know. I am so glad i am on a mission right now! It is the best decision i have ever made in my life! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Tanner

ps yeah dad i got the picture and i could NOT find waldo!

Hey Grammy and Grandpa!

I absolutely loved conference. Before it started we were all watching the timer like it was new years haha. It was amazing. Thats great that Matt headed off to Brazil! I cant believe hes on his mission already. Yikes. Everything is great in El Empalme. The people, the food (yes i am getting a gut), and the faith. I love the people. It is crazy to think that i have over three months here. It feels like i got here yesterday!

The church is great. We had 73 people come last sunday (a step up from the 28 that showed up the first sunday of my second change). i am still trying to figure out how to be a better missionary. Gotta do it quick because the mission flies by. But one thing that my MTC teacher told us is that you never -make it- as a missionary. You can always improve.

Thanks for the email i love you a lot! The church is true God loves us!

Mucho amor,
Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment