Monday, April 12, 2010

{He WaS ReaLLy a GolDeN inVestiGatoR}

Hey fam!
Sorry i think i only have time to write one letter this week. I´ve got a lot to say. So this week was a good one. Well...yeah it was. I was pretty sick thursday night...woke up at two with a fever and couldn´t fall back asleep. So the next day we took it easy. But we still went to a lunch appointment and on the way there I contacted this Danish guy. Haha bad idea with a fever of 100. Let´s just say he wasn´t all that receptive. It made me think of Grandpa Hansen because I´m reading his journal. Wow.
But guess what? Ceferino is getting baptized on Saturday!! I can´t wait. He´s definitely ready. He´s 21 years old and he´s been coming to church and all the activities and stuff. he was really a golden investigator. He had no problems really with any of the commandments and was really willing to change.
Also, with respect to the hermana Seferina and her children...let´s just say Satan tries so hard to keep these people from baptism. Someone broke into their house and broke their door...so now she can´t leave the house alone to come to church. I don´t know what we´re going to do but she HAS to come to church to prepare for baptism. Her kids are awesome. they learn the gospel so fast. I love teaching the gospel to kids. There´s this little girl named Kenya at one of the houses we are teaching in...and ever since the first lesson she says ´profeta´ like ninety times every lesson...haha it´s way cute.
And we are teaching this kid named Erick Sera...17 years old. He lives with our branch president right now (he doesn´t really have a family and he´s here studying). But we´re going to set a baptismal date with him soon.
Dad..fecha=farm. There are sooooooooooooooooo many bananas here you wouldn´t even believe it. We climb up this big hill every now and then and you can just see fincas for miles and miles it´s nuts!
Really funny stuff happens all the time here. I love messin around with the little kids. They´re soooo cute. I always think of Lib whenever I see the little girls.Me and Elder Poli have a great time with the people. The members are great. We´re having trouble getting them really animated about missionary work but we´re doing what we can.
Bueno...I love you all a lot. the church is true. There was a kid who bore his testimony in church yesterday about how he was sealed to his family...he´s 12. It was such a powerful testimony. I thought when Libby was sealed to us. never will I forget that experience. I love you all. Marsh keep reading the scriptures. Mom I talk about you and the fam a lot to the people here. Dad keep telling me about your lessons in gospel doctrine i get good pointers and advice. J dub and Jess I love you both a lot! I´m gonna write you a letter today because there´s never time :) Lib...you have no idea how much I love you.
I´m bummed that I may only have three more weeks here in Empalme...but it´s all good.
Con mucho amor,
Elder Henrie
ps the package got here but it´s in David hahaha I´ll go pick it up in May though no worries :) oh and no we don´t have a chapel in El Empalme, but our little building is sweet! Chao!

1 comment:

  1. He sounds so great! Love this kid...er...Elder :) We're so proud of you, Tanner!! Keep working hard and praying hard and studying hard. You are an incredible servant of The Lord. He is so grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete