Monday, April 19, 2010

{ObeDience PaYs oFF}

Hey!
Wow, sounds like things are going really well at the house...spring getting started, Marsh dominating the basement, J-Dub and Jessi moving through college, and Libby...starting kindergarten??! That´s weird, pretty sure I was just starting kindergarten. Things are flying here. Elder Poli and I have been so incredibly blessed in this area. At first I wasn´t sure if trying to obey all the rules with exactness really was helping...sometimes it seemed to make things worse. But we´ve seen the fruits of our labor here with Ceferino´s baptism...another baptism this weekend (Erick Sera...he´s way rad), and hopefully the familia Abrego the week after that.
Obedience pays off.
This week was really great. The baptism of Ceferino went really smoothly and according to plan, which really is a miracle in this area haha. Presidente Madrigal was here for the baptism and he and his wife really loved it. Me, Elder Poli, and our district leader Elder Cook sang I Need the Every Hour, a little English and a little Spanish. It was sweet. Music brings the Spirit faster than anything in my opinion. And when Ceferino bore his testimony about the change he has made it made me soooo happy. As Hermana Madrigal said in our last zone conference...´vale la pena´...it´s worth it.
I´m really excited about this investigator we have named Franciso Vega...he´s a middle aged solo guy and he´s got lots of problems. He´s coming toi church and we´re working with him on his drug addiction. All I can say about Franciso is that I love him. Really. I love him. He´s an incredible man and it´s awesome to see the change that is happening in his life because he is coming to know the gospel. I hope with time he can overcome his addiction and receive baptism.
We were hoping this week that the familia Abrego would be baptized but when they came to church we felt like they weren´t ready. That was a bummer but we´re going to continue working with them.
I still am having trouble believing that Libby is going to kindergarten!! That´s so nuts! I´m excited to hear about it. And Lib...you read?! That´s so ridiculous! Haha I love ya sis.
So I´m pretty sure it´s already April...and I think we get to call home in May. Even though I just barely called you from the airport...jeez. ya viene navidad.
The church is true. The gospel is so incredibly powerful. The blessings that come from missionary work are too many to count. I love being a missionary. I can´t even think about what it will be like some day to have to take this plaque off. I love being a missionary and talking about the gospel all day every day! I love you all. I always remember you in my prayers! Make sure you have family home evening and pray...
I´ll talk to you next week!
Mucho amor,
Elder Tanner
ps dad thanks for the update...i wish i had time to study the old testament...i´m going to need to take a class when i get home haha

No comments:

Post a Comment