Monday, June 21, 2010

{I LOve yoU daD}

Dad!
Dang it...feliz dìa de los padres!!! My bad for not congratulating you last week for being a fahter. I love you dad...you have helped me a ton in my mission. Right now training is a really scary and overwhelming assignment. I don`t feel adequate but if the Lord thinks i can do it i`m set. I feel so lucky to have you as a father. Every time I read the scriptures i notice how much the prophets of the Book of Mormon were affected by the examples that their fathers had given them...it`s hard to write english right now...and i always think of the example that i have grown up with. A faithful priesthood holder in the church who takes out time from work and life to be with his family. I feel so lucky to have a father who is worthy to go to the temple. I am grateful that we have an eternal family. I think only one of my companions has had his parents sealed in the temple. The others have had difficulties with their fathers and haven`t all had the same example as me.
I hope...and I pray that you are staying strong. I love the example you give me every week of a love of the scriptures and the words of the prophets. or profets. My knew comp is awesome dad. I feel like this change is already over! And Eric Fogg is coming home? Huh? That`s crazy! Tell him hey from Panama!
I love you dad!
Love,
Elder Tanner


Mom!
Hey hey!
That`s horrible news about the Thomas family. I hate hearing things like that. We need to always recognize in those moments that we`re not alone. That God is closest to us in these moments. Send them my love and know that i will be praying for them.
No worries about the emails...things are pretty crazy with the schedule here. Things are going nuts here for real. I cannot tell you how much faith my new companion has.. His name is Elder Chevez from Managua, Nicaragua. He`s so rad! We`ve already had some really good experiences here finding and teaching people. From the time that he showed up he`s been contacting like an animal. He loves working! We fasted last Satdurday night and sunday morning so that we would show up to church with an investigator. And what do you know...God blessed us with a family. There an awesome family...extremely humble...los Gallardo. Oh man! The kids...Saul, Daica, Moisès, and Alanis are so rad! There`s no dad in the family but the mom`s name is Leovijilda. Even with several months of Spanish that name is a little tough to say. There sweet though. We`re taking them to a member`s house to eat tonight. Pray for them!
And the husband of an hermana in our branch came to a father`s day activity yesterday! He`s awesome...his name is Arnulfo. We`re going to pass by his house tomorrow night to teach him. Last saturday he said in front of the branch that he could see himself being a member soon. How sweet! I`ve already seen...in only a few days...the blessings of obedience and hard work! I love it! And santiago is awesome!
Time to write dad...no worries i`m sending you and marsh a letter!
Love you mom,
Elder Tanner


No comments:

Post a Comment