Wednesday, June 30, 2010

{RighT On}

Hey fam!
Sounds like you`ve had a good week. Stomach illness...an awesome dance recital. and eric fogg is home?! que loco! I´ve been doing really well here. We had some incredible experiences this last week. First of all we were teaching the gallardo family...we finished teaching them and started looking around in their neighbors houses. We met an old guy chillin on his porch named simòn. He wasn`t all that interested. But i heard someone playing the guitar in the house...and of course i asked to talk with them. I young guy came out with his wife...newlyweds! golden. Thomàs and caty. We taught them about prophets and the book of mormon. Afterwards thomàs asked us if we sing hymns in our church and he pulled out a little brown hymn book. Elder Chevez said he felt the need to take out his hymn book and show it to them. The guy started reading through the pages and suddenly stopped on one of the pages. He started sight reading and humming the tune in his head. Turns out it was `Mas cerca dios a tì` just my favorite hymn...nearer my god to thee.
His wife suggested that we sing it and thomàs went in to grab his guitar. It was the most incredible thing i`ve ever heard! Turns out Caty is way into singing (she competed against a mormon choir in panama) it was seriously one of the greatest moments of my mission. Wow God leads us to people. We are now working with them on gaining a testimony of the book of mormon. They are so awesome!
That was just one of the many awesome things that happened this week. But, i need to take a second and tell pops happy birthday!!! dad you`re gonna be old! 50 no? that`s more than twice my age! Haha just kiddin. Thanks dad for all you`ve given me. Keep writing about your class every week i`m learning a lot. I love you dad. You really are an example to me and i`ve looked back on the examples of my parents in the tough times and it keeps me going.
And grandpa henrie! Happy birthday to you as well! I honestly am grateful to have such great priesthood holders who have taught me so much in my life.
Right on...one more experience. So we have been getting up at five still sundays to bring people to church. Unfortunately this sunday everything fell through! Nobody came that we were planning. But in my last interview with president madrigal he told me NEVER to show up alone to church...even if it meant inviting someone on the street. So we started searching...we found a family near the familia gallardo. We asked them to come to church with us a the mom, Dora, was stoked! We really saw a lot of blessings this week.
Pray for me and our investigators and panama! Por favor! We are working with another guy named Arnulfo...we`re gonna visit him tonight. Libby...i love you sis...i`m glad to hear your performace was awesome! Marsh...dude. i love you. J dub and jessi i hope all is well. mom, dad, james, love you all.
Love,
Elder Tanner


Mom!
Wow...busy week eh? here as well. I love you mom. Thanks for the emails. I think about you a lot and always talk about our family. Ps everyone still thinks you`re my sister when i show them the photo of our family. and they think grammy is my mom. when i say everyone i mean EVERYONE! haha love ya mom!
Love
Elder Tanner

grammy!

thanks a ton for the news! everything is awesome in santiago! I love my companion and i`m loving training. The mission is incredible and we see miracles daily. Happy belated birthday i love you a ton! Keep up the emails por favor!

Mucho love,

Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment