Tuesday, August 24, 2010

{He LOves Us! And I LoVe Him...}

Right on!
Ok first off...Marshall`s going to high school! And jeez he`s way tall! That`s not good. It`s gonna be a pretty big blow if i get home and he`s taller than me...but than again i`m still taller than J Dub. J dub i couldn`t see the photos in the email but i imagined some awesome food and crafts hahaha.
Sounds like you all had an awesome time in Sun Valley...i like how you almost got busted by the cops for driving haha..i am really glad we don`t have cars as missionaries in panama or i`m pretty sure i`d be in trouble!
This week has been really incredible! We are getting ready for a few baptisms this upcoming month...the familia Pardo, and Lilibeth Rodriguez. And we are also getting a temple excursion planned for the recent converts. Cathy and Tomàs are really awesome! And we had a family home evening last night with Arnulfo Flores...he`s so rad! And Teonila Rodriguez gets stronger every week as she comes to church and participates.
The familia Pardo is doing really good...the father, Felipe has given up alcohol. Probably one of the best experiences this last week was a lesson that we had in their home. Felipe started to thank us for the humble way that we`ve brought the Gospel into their lives. His wife, Miriam, thanked us in front of him for the change that he has made because of the Gospel. We think he used to hit his wife and he did like to drink before...but it`s been a huge blessing to see the power of the Gospel in their family.
Lilibeth also thanked us for the way that we teach. We`ve been a little worried about her lately and we were a little hard on her last sunday because she didn`t come to church. We talked a lot about the seriousness of the baptismal covenant and that she can`t be baptized if she isn`t going to be faithful. We told her to look up to the example of her mom, Teonila. And after reading some of the Book of Mormon with her...it turned out to be a really powerful lesson.
Well fam...that`s all for now. I love you all and i truly am grateful for your prayers and support. I know that not every missionary has that. I testify to you all in the name of our Savior that Thomas S. Monson guides us by revelation. I know that he is a prophet of God. I know...I really do know...that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. God has answered my prayers many times regarding that. I know that James is doing well...that`s what I got out of the temple. I know James is good. I love you all. Keep praying for me and pray for Panama! Gracias! Les amo!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Tanner

Mom!
Thanks for the letter and the awesome photo! Marsh looks like me eh? Except i`m more guapo! haha.
I hope you`re doing well mom.. I pray for you a lot. And I really do feel your prayers. I can`t tell you how many times the words i`ve heard you say in my life have come into my mind as we are working here. It really does keep me going. I`m doing my best mom. I`m not perfect but I love it!
Thank you. Really mom...thank you a lot!
ps good job with your use of spanish in the letter...i`m impressed!

Note: For our Primary program, the leaders asked the missionaries to write a letter telling why they chose to go on a mission, and to share their testimony of Christ. The theme of the program is, "The Mission of the Church is to Invite all to Come Unto Christ" This is Tanner's letter:

Heres for the letter...
Hola Utah! I am here in Panama because i have a testimony of this Gospel. I have prayed many times to confirm that testimony. I decided to serve a mission in a big part because of the examples of the priesthood holders in my family. I know that i`ve been called by God, through His prophet, to teach the Gospel and invite His children to come unto Christ and be saved.
I know Christ lives. I know He suffered more than we are able to comprehend...and He did it for my family. He did it because He knew that I needed it. I know that He was resurrected and in this way defeated physical death. I know that we can overcome spirititual death if we are willing to keep the covenants that we make with Him in the waters of baptism and in His temple.
I have seen God`s love in my people here in the mission...members and non members. I know that His hand really is guiding this work and that we have the power of God, the priesthood, to build His kingdom here on the earth preparing for the second coming. I testify in the name of Jesus Christ that this is His church and that He loves us! And I love Him...
For all of the young men that are preparing to serve missions...and the young women that want to...don`t miss this opportunity. It`s the hardest and the best thing i`ve ever done. ¡Sè que Dios les va a mostrar milagros! ¡Les quiero mucho!
Elder Henrie

2 comments:

  1. Dear Tanner -
    We pray for you each day and it is so fun to read your emails. They are full of the missionary spirit, and the Spirit of the Holy Ghost. You have so much love for the people and for the Savior! We will keep praying for you and sharing your emails with Matt.
    We love you!
    Aunt Ruthanne, Uncle Scott & bunch

    ReplyDelete