Monday, October 11, 2010

DSC02580


Uhhhhh...
I dont know what to tell you all about this week. Me and Elder Poli are companions! hahaha yes! Again! The assistant went off to the islands in San Blas to open a new area...Elder Poli`s comp, elder Cook, went up to assistant, and I took his place with Elder Poli haha really nuts. I had emergency changes on wednesday night and i`m now in Alcalde Diaz...in the area of La Cabima! Really a crazy week. I feel really inadequate to be a zone leader but i`ll do my best haha. I still feel like i wasn`t even ready to be a district leader.
Not gonna lie i kinda just skimmed through the letters and i printed them off to read later because i have a lot to write. I`m elder Poli`s comp...hahaha!!! I feel like i`m back with my brother after six months of not being with him! Dang it`s sweet....we`ve already seen lots of miracles.
Here`s a few..
My first day we gave a blessing to a member who fed us lunch. She`s having liver problems and she`s pretty sick. I annointed her and when elder poli said `we seal this annointing` i honestly felt the power of the priesthood in that moment. I felt like God was working through us to seal what we had done. It was an incredible experience.
Later we went to a young girl`s house with her boyfriend. The boyfriend, Dario, and the young girl Angie, are both members and they`re living together. they`re both 18 and having problems. We talked about repentance and the atonement and talked a little strong with them. Angie felt really bad and was crying and said she wanted to fix things. Afterwards we went and talked to her mom about the whole situation. It has been hard on her. But we left her mom`s house and there was angie outside the house waiting to talk to her mom. we really felt the power of the atonement. We still have some work to do with them. Moral of the story...be good in high school. What was taught in conference about how sin is always followed by tears is true.
Ok...and we found this kid named Fernando...his parents are from china and he`s the best investigator i`ve ever met! He`s already reading the book of mormon and has been to church a few times. He`s 19 and we taught him for the first time on Saturday. We put a baptismal date right then for the 30 of October and he accepted it! He started crying and gave us both a hug! Hahaha he`s such a stud. when he talks about how he feels when he reads the book of mormon...it makes me feel incredible! The gospel is true eh?
It`s been a sweet week full of miracles and lots of changes in the mission. I feel really weird. Kinda bummed that i wont see the baptisms in La Chorrera but that`s all good. Oh and we found a family yesterday! I think Elder Poli and I make a good team haha God`s blessing us a ton already!
I love you all have an incredible week! I think about you and pray for you every day!!
Con mucho amor
elder Henrie

Mom!!
Hey! Thanks for writing me...Tell mikelle and her mom hello for me! Christmas huh? i don`t know how it`s Christmas already. If you could maybe send me some new pants that would be sweet i think i`m a size 33 or 34 waist...and length i don`t know but my pants look stupid because they`re really faded.
Maybe for my comp...i really dont know...some ties??? haha no sè.
I love you mom thanks for everything!
Elder son

No comments:

Post a Comment