Wednesday, February 23, 2011

{It waS TouGH to See}

Fam!
Well this week was sweet! We had a really interesting/intense experience on Saturday. We were trying to get to an appointment that we had at 2 in this area called las camelias. And we were on a street thinking that we could take a little ´shortcut´ seeing as how there was a little pathway that we figured would make it to las camelias. we didn`t want to walk the ten minutes around. Work effectively right? Hmmm wrong. Turns out we walked into this guandu farm. And the grass there isn`t grass...it`s like walking through bamboo...ridiculous. We saw a little riverbed that looked like an out. And it was headed up this super steep hill that was going in the direction that we were wanting to go. Well a little ways up and we ran into a problem. Like a twenty foot cliff in front of us. We were pretty bummed and at this point let`s just say that the ten minutes we could have spent walking around were already up. we ended up scaling this little part to the side and i got SUPER dirty haha. I think it literally took us like an hour to make it through. What a joke. We got to the appointment super dirty and sweaty and the family there was pretty surprised haha but they received us and it was a good lesson. They weren`t even mad that we were an hour late.
but everything is good! The work is good and i`m happy! I probably have changes this week we`ll see..i`ll be excited either way. I`m excited to get to know more of panama and work in new areas. I feel good about what we`ve done here in La Cabima and i feel like we`ve had good success. Yesterday was a really good sunday...the recent converts all showed up, the chapel was pretty full, two investigators came (daniel pinto and his mom, Graciela), I felt happy. I really have felt real joy here in this area!
I don`t know what else to say about this week. We`ve been working to finish up the change and everything looks good! I hope all is well and that you guys keep me in your prayers!
I love you!
Elder Henrie
Hey mom!
Well this week has been good. Unfortunately Luis didn`t get baptized this week because his grandma got sick and he had to go to San Miguelito for the weekend. It made me a little sad because the font was already filled up and everything! haha so i probably won`t see his baptism but as long as he makes the covenant we`re good!!
Tyson and Bryant are back!! Wow that`s crazy! And pat is dating mary webb haha that`s funny those guys are awesome. I haven`t heard a lot from them so it`s good to know they are good. tell bryant and tyson hello for me and that i hope they`re doing great!
Mom i have to thank you for your example. We had a tough experience this week with a members mom and i`m just really grateful to have parents that have guided me and taught me well. The kid`s name is Erick. He`s 18 and getting ready for a mission. Him and his brother got baptized three years ago. And in the lesson with his mom (who is not a member) Erick expressed a really sincere desire for her to be a member so that they could read the scriptures together as a family, go to church, etc. But she just started telling him that as a member of the chuch he needed to do better and give a better example and that she didn`t want to get ready for baptism. Erick was really heartbroken. We asked him to say the prayer at the end and during the prayer he just started crying. He definitely understands what it would mean to have a family in the gospel. It was tough to see and it`s going to be tough for him to be a missionary without any real support.
So thank you for giving me that support. I love the mission! It`s been so good here in Alcalde Diaz! I think i`m outta here this week and i`m going to miss the members and the converts here. Juan Carlos, one of the baptisms here, received the priesthood yesterday! Sweet experience!
love you mom! Don`t worry about my birthday too much...tell Libby to make a list for me!
Love,
Elder Henrie

No comments:

Post a Comment