Tuesday, March 1, 2011

{i'Ve GoT a Lot TO dO}

Henrie`s!!

Well it was a really great week! I got transferred from Alcalde Diaz...and they sent me right back to La Chorrera!!! Sawweet! I`m not in the same area as i was before, if that answers your question mom, but i`m really close. And i already got to go to my old area to do a baptismal interview on Friday! I saw a lot of the people there that i had taught and some of the old ward members. It was cool to see Ricaute, a young guy that we had taught that got baptized when i left. But it was kinda tough to see his brother Luis, he was also going to get baptized but when i had emergency changes from Barrio Centro he got drunk and he`s still having problems with the word of wisdom. He looks a lot more sad than he was when i left.

But i love the new area, it`s called Barrio 1. My comp is Elder Valenzuela de PerĂș. He`s a really good missionary and we`re excited to work here in a stake! In fact, the stake president, Presidente Ruiz, lives basically right next to us. And the members are great. They`ve already asked us when they can leave with us to visit references that they have and everything. It`s really different being in a stake than a district.

That`s weird to hear that Marsh is already well into school...today the kids enter school in Panama. It`s kind of a crazy day. my comp only has three weeks in the area so he really doesn`t know where anything is and me...much less. But we`ll have a good time figuring stuff out. Mom, with respect to your questions, I think we have 190 missionaries (meaning 95 areas), 13 zones, 21 missionaries in our zone, and a partridge in a pear tree. I don`t think it`s common for a missionary to go back to the same area but i know it happens every now and then in special cases.

We haven`t had too many crazy things happen yet in Barrio 1. Our zone is pretty good. The majority of the missionaries understand their purpose in the mission. I feel like i get to understand that purpose more and more as the time goes by. I heard from a lot of return missionaries that once you finally figure out what the mission really is and you have the experience you need to be a good teacher and do what you need to do...you have to leave. I`ve only got eight more months here in Panama and i`ve got a lot to do. I love the Panamanians. They are like my family! I told this family yesterday that their daughter Rose reminds me of Lib. She`s five, going on six, and loaded with energy! haha

Dad i really liked the letter you wrote me, especially this quote:

´´Too often we go through life with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the horn, anxious to let others know when they have erred in some way.``

Very true. I`ve noticed that I do that as a missionary. I think i focus sometimes on other missionary`s weaknesses without really looking at the small things that i need to work on to be 100 percent obedient and hard working. I think i really am starting to understand obedience better in the mission. You can just keep the rules because they`re rules. You have to do it because you love God and the people and because you really want them to feel the spirit that we have so that they can make covenants with God.

I love you all! Any news on my nephew wolfgang?? I hope you`re all well! The mission for the week has set this goal...olvĂ­dese! (Forget yourself) and i really want to work on that. That`s what the mission is about!

I love you...the church is true. Keep the commandments and God will bless you, and me. thank you for everything you do!

Mucho love,
Elder Henrie

Hey mom!

Wow that`s great that Steve`s out on the mission again! He`s going to have so many great experiences! Marsh drove yesterday?? In panama that would have been a SUPER steep ticket. I talked to a kid who drove when he was fifteen and he had to pay several hundred dollars haha ooops. But the driving age here is 18...that would be lame. But I think it`s also legal to drink when you`re 18. Sweet...here`s a car, and a beer...good luck.

Ok sidetracked. Well mom I pray that you`re doing well. I`m not sure if you all hide any tough things that happen in the family because it seems like your always doing well.. But i know you will all be passing through trials while i`m here in panama and i hope you have the strength to get through them. The trials i`ve had in the mission have been intense at times and really i`ve had moments when prayer is the only option left. But it works :)

I love you mom!

Elder Henrie

No comments:

Post a Comment