Monday, May 16, 2011

{ReaDy To WorK HaRD}

DSC08981

Hola fam!
This week has been really awesome! We had a stake activity (put on by the missionaries) on Friday night. We had a game night and later a drama put on by the missionaries. It turned out really well! I was worried because it was supposed to start at 6 00 and at 6 NOBODY was there! haha but we knew that everyone was thinking 6 00 panamanian time which is usually half an hour to an hour late. It turned into a great night and there were lots of people there. The stake president and our Bishop really liked it. So that was definitely a good experience. Jose Remice showed up yesterday with a white shirt and tie on! He was lookin guapo! Unfortunately he couldn`t receive the Aaronic Priesthood because we had a combined class the third hour in church. But next week we`re good to go....
I can`t remember if it was this week or last week that we gave their son a blessing and i don`t remember if i already told you about it...but yeah Luisito was sick with a fever and Oderays asked us to give him a blessing. After the blessing she was crying and the next morning Luis was up and ready to go...he was kind of mad because his mom didn`t let him go to school! That was a good experience with the priesthood.
Ok there was a HUGE spider in our house on tuesday night. Spiders honestly don`t bother me but i`m pretty sure this one was on steroids! We took some photos and then killed in and roasted in our back patio! I`ll send a picture :)
I think i`ll be staying here in Barrio 1 for this next change and Elder Valenzuela will leave. I honestly feel great about this change. I feel like i realized that i needed to be a leader here to learn how to really care about the other missionaries. I have learned that the example we give is important and i feel like i can improve in that area. I really do love the missionaries here in this zone. They have taught me a LOT!
I love you all and i hope this week goes great for you! My goal for these last months is to go home every night feeling exhausted...lots of work work and work. Love you!
Elder Henrie

Mom!
I was having a tough time last week but i feel reanimated and ready to work hard this change that`s coming. I feel good about the relationship that we have with the bishop and our leaders...our stake president has given us a few good references to work with.
Sounds like you`re super busy with summer stuff :) i`m glad. It`s always better when there`s something productive to do.
Yes...changes this week. It should be interesting to see what happens to the zone because about half of the missionaries will have changes. I feel ready for more time here in Chorrera. I love the members (and our neighbor cooks the best food that i`ve had in Panama) and the recent converts and investigators are great. Yesterday half of our recent converts came to church. It`s sad to say that that`s the best we`ve ever seen in the ward so far but i felt really happy about it!
Love you mom!

ps here`s the awesome spider

No comments:

Post a Comment