Monday, July 4, 2011

{I SmiLeD ReaLLy BiG}

Hey fam!
Happy fourth of july! And dad...Happy birthday! Can´t believe you´re so old already haha. Just kidding. So this week has been super busy but we´ve been able to have some really good experiences. We had changes on Wednesday...meaning we´ve been going to bed around 12 and waking up at about 4 or 5 each day...there are people to pick up at the airport, people going home that we have to take to the airport, lost bags, buses to call and pay, meetings to prepare for, training the new trainers, haha the list goes on. A lot of really good missionaries went home this change. Elder Derek Johnson left, and also Elder Cook...one of my favorite missionaries. Elder Poli goes home after this change...really sad about that. So I think things will calm down a little more. This week we will be going to Chitré to have training meetings with that zone of missionaries. And we have a zone leaders council on Wednesday. I think we will try to do divisions about three times a week and try to work in our own area at night time.
Last Saturday we had a sweet experience in Subway. We took some missionaries out to their lunch appointment after helping some other elders move, and then went to buy Subway. This guy came up to us and started talking to us about how his mom is a member in David...so we asked him where he lived and if the missionaries could visit him. Turns out he lives in our area, right next to the church. We visited him that same night and was a really positive guy. He has read a ton of the book of mormon! And he really wants to know if it´s true. We´ll see how he progresses. He´s name is Wilfredo and his son is also named Wilfredo. They are really nice guys!
Today I went to get my license...and when I went to take the photo i made a goofy face to see if I could get away with it. About ten minutes later they called me up and told me I had to do it again. So I smiled really big so they would take it with the hole under my tooth haha and then they made me do it AGAIN! But the third try is the charm :) and i talked to a really cool guy named Abel in line...so it all worked out.
The office is sweet! I love the members and I love the city! I´ll try and get some cool photos for you all because there are really cool things to see here and lots of great people. It is cool because you go from super rich areas to super poor areas in about five minutes. One of the more dangerous parts of our area is called Viejo Veranillo...and the people there are super humble and really nice.
That´s pretty much my week so far. Dad I hope you have an awesome birthday. I´m thinking about you a lot. I feel like i´ve been trying to develop a lot of characteristics that i noticed in you before i came out here...like not criticizing anyone, working really hard, and being happy around everyone. The mission is great! It´s hard, but we have sacred experiences all the time. I think that God really is blessing us in the little time we have in our area. He knows that we don´t have a lot of time in our area so He guides us to really prepared people.
I love you all! Mom have fun with the girls! The church is true!
Elder Henrie

No comments:

Post a Comment