Tuesday, June 28, 2011

{PanaMa CiTy iS ReaLLy CooL!}

FAM!
Ok before I forget...sorry about the credit card charges, but yes, they are correct. I had all my cash with me when I got to Panama city...and it got stolen. I left my bag in the church and someone managed to borrow my cash :) I almost feel like i´m sinning every time I use the credit card...it´s way too easy. But I won´t be getting money until the first of the month, so I hope you´ll be able to forgive some credit card usage. And what makes it slightly more difficult is that we don´t really eat with the members here because we´re in the office.
there was something else that I needed to tell you but I forgot so whatever. Sounds like Europe was awesome! This past week has been hectic. I have been trying to get a driver´s license and we´ve been getting ready for changes. Last night we were in the office until about 11 30 trying to get stuff ready and we´ve been running around today getting stuff ready. There is so much to do in the mission that I never really nocticed before being here in the office. Its really cool to see and it should be a great few changes. My companion is Elder Laider, from Cali. He´s an incredible missionary. He´s had lots of trials in his fam but he is one of the most solid missionaries I´ve met. I´m really excited to work with him.
This last week we´ve hardly had time to work in our area. But we did teach these two really cool columbian guys named David and Odenis. They accepted a baptismal date but they didn´t come to church on Sunday because of work. They seem really humble and Christlike. I´m excited to see them progress.
I love you all a ton and hope that this week is great!
Elder Henrie

Mom!
I´m really excited for this assignment...and probably more nervous than anything. But it should be a great time. That´s really sad about Megan. I remember it being a long fight and I hope that Scott is alright. Send them my love. I remember that about him helping our family when James past away. I remember sitting outside that night talking to him on the front porch...really consoling me about things.
Hey so this week part of that tooth that I have came off. I think because there is no root it just has been kind of not doing anything. But yeah I was brushing my teeth and the back half of it came off. Hmmm. I´ll try to get to a dentist this week but I don´t know how much I trust panama dentists.
Panama City is really cool! I love being in the city! And its my first time here. Really different from all the other areas that I´ve had on the mission. It´s actually much cleaner and the people are really cool. I LOVE the members here. We live pretty close to the coast so we have been running there in the mornings. It has been good. And being assistant takes up a lot more time than I would have imagined. I hope that we have lots of opportunities to do divisions with the missionaries this change.
I love you mom! Pray for me! I´m super tired haha :)
Mucho amor,
Elder Henrie

No comments:

Post a Comment