Monday, October 24, 2011

{100 PerCeNT WoRTH iT!}}

Henries,

I´m happy :) there is a promise in Preach my Gospel from the first presidency that says that as we serve as missionaries, we will experience more happiness than we have ever felt before. It´s true! Yesterday Janeth and Olinda were confirmed members of the Church. Janeth brought a Columbian friend to church and is already immersed in the ward with all the members (especially the columbian members). Olinda seems so much more peaceful. She was so nervous before her baptism but now she seems so happy.

On saturday we interviewed a family that had just left the temple from receiving their endowments. My companion had baptized them about a year back. It was a beautiful interview and they expressed a lot of gratitude to the missionaries. This has been a cool project for me...interviewing recent converts about their feelings towards the church. They usually say similar things about the missionaries that taught them, they talk about their faces, their love, they way they act...it makes me realize how much people really are watching our every move.

It´s tough to know that I´ll longer be a full time missionary in a few days...but I am SO happy that I made the decision to serve the Lord for two years. I didn´t know how hard it would be. I had NO idea! Haha every single tough day has made me stronger. Every fallen baptismal date, investigators standing us up, climbing hills, getting lost and sweating until 9 pm has been 100 percent WORTH it!

We are going to Chorrera today to pick up my reemplacement...while we´re there we´re going to interview the Remice family! Today hasn´t really been a preparation day haha we´ve had to do a lot of emergency changes because there were a few missionaries who messed up this week...oops. That makes four emergency changes this change...interesting.

I am now a happy person. I´m a happy missionary. I´m in love with Panama...not looking forward to freezing cold weather. Now I feel cold here at night just because I´m not sweating. And I hate the air conditioning in the mission office already haha.

It´s been a fantastic week! I love you all and I´m SUPER excited to see you soon!

Mucho love,
Elder Henrie

No comments:

Post a Comment