Monday, October 31, 2011

{MiSSioN AccOMpLiSHeD}

Dearest Henrie family,

I have loved the mission Panamà! It has been the greatest experience of my life. I`ve worked and I`ve obeyed. I love the people. I love the culture. I feel Panamanian. Haha I`ll miss being a missionary but I`m excited for everything! The experiences I`ve had really have changed me.

I have been having good experiences up until now and I hope they continue. I feel at peace with God. Before coming out into the mission I worried about a lot of things, but I feel like now I can acheive whatever goal I set to myself. Thank you. Thank you all for helping me serve! I love you.
Mission accomplished.
Elder Henrie

Hi mom,
Well, i guess that`s it! Haha I`m really excited for everything...super excited to see all of you! This week has been incredible. I don`t think i`ve worked so hard in my life. On Wednesday night we decided to just work thorugh dinner until nine...we were by a the member`s house that was going to give us dinner at 8 30 and i asked them if I could use the bathroom. He asked if we were going to eat but we told him we were going to work another half hour. After a few rejections we found Marielis. She just lost her grandma, has lost of family problems, and her husband left her alone to raise her child. She accepted a baptismal date the next day with her mom and they`re doing great! a GREAT experience for the last week of the mission...

And saturday afternoon we prayed that someone would give us food, we were going to the bus stop and we stopped to sing a hymn to a member family at about 8 45 pm...the sister there asked us if we had eaten dinner! That was definitely a prayer answered.

Just one of thousands of experiences that I`ll treasure forever. I`m going to miss Panamà. Hopefully I will be able to return someday to walk the streets I contacted, if not, I`ll at least take a lot of memories with me.

haha i guess I kind of am inactive in that singles ward...I haven`t gone for 2 years! Tell `em I`m doing well ;)

You`ve told me to keep the faith mom, I have. It`s been tough and I`ve loved every minute!
Love,
Your son

Marshman,
I love you little bro! It`s kind of ironic that you can date girls right now and I still can`t hahaha Marsh you`re a great example to me. I`m glad you`re happy in your life and preparing for the mish. I am soooo happy now! Obey God, try and make others happy, and you`ll be happy!

The church is true. The most important thing I`ve really learned...well, that i`ve really felt...on the mission is that the Atonement is real. Christ came to the earth and suffered for us. He came and lived and taught us how we can have peace. I know that He is the perfect example. He`s been a good brother to me here on the mission, just like you, J-Dub, and James. And of course, Lib has been a great sister.
I love you man! ¡Hasta pronto!
Elder Bro

No comments:

Post a Comment