Tuesday, August 3, 2010

{I KnoW GoD LiveS}

Fam!
Just would like to start by telling you that i love you all! The baptisms were sweet! I baptized Tomas...haha three times...he is kinda big so it was hard...guess i need to do my exercises better in the mornings haha. The service was really spiritual.. I stayed in Santiago!!! YES! It`s a super hard and super sweet area. I love it...i love the families...the food...the people...everything.. It`s way hard but we`re doing it!
Marsh man happy birthday!!! That`s sweet that you`re fifteen! Too bad you`re not in panama because the fifteenth birthday is kind of a huge thing here. It`s like the sweet sixteen for all yall americans. We had a great lesson with this guy named Raul last week. Our appointment fell so we started looking for someone...nobody. But we knocked one last door and the guy comes out. Didn`t seem to positive at first but he started to listen. When we got to the Book of Mormon he was really interested (because it`s true and all) and we had an awesome discussion about it. We usually don`t leave a Book of Mormon on the first visit but we felt like we should so we left him one. We`re going back this wednesday!
The baptism. Wow. It really was incredible. Santiago has been struggling for a while but i think the members truly believe that now is the time for Santiago. Me and Elder Chevez get to go to the temple for the family that we baptized! It`s been seven months! I miss the temple so much and i`m super excited. I think we`re going next thursday! Panama baby!
I love you all. The church is true. Dad i really liked that quote from Gordon B Hinckley about how God chooses His prophet. It`s true without a doubt. This church, this mission, and this life make me happy. I know God lives. I know he watches over you all because i`m praying for it. I know the book of mormon is the word of God and that it was written for us. Read it! I`m reading it right now marking every time it makes a reference to Christ...that book is reeeeeeed! Go to the temple it`s sweet!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Tanner
ps my camara got stolen from the house...sorry. The house isn`t very secure we`re trying to move out if we don`t get security for the windows...and the toilet doesn`t work haha. But no worries we stay safe. Just dont expect lots of photos any time soon...


Grammy!

Just wanted to send you a quick hello! How is everything going! We`re having lots of success in good old santiago. I hope they keep me here for a couple more changes...I pray for you a lot! `Don`t forget about me in your prayers! Thanks grammy...love you! Cuìdate abuelita!

Elder Tanner


UPDATE: The wife of Tanner's mission president just emailed me this link to a blog she has started to post photos of the elders: http://panamamission2010-2013.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment